Rhom chuck ID

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have a 6 1/4" Rhom 3 jaw chuck with 3 socket head cap screws, and a diagram above them. I'm assuming that this is an adjustable 3 jaw? I am having difficulty finding information on it, my Google fu is lacking today.

What happens if you loosen them up a bit?

I don't know :)
I have .003 runout with a 1/2" drill rod, and another "precision ground" 1 3/8" 01 rod

Last edited:
If it's a website you want to look at, try this one ROHM lathe chucks.

I'm not sure what the X marking is about, could it be an indication that the chuck is threaded, and
must be used for lathe-in-forward machining? They do make some non-scroll 3-jaw chucks, but adjust
screws so close to the axis is ... surprising.

I did look at that site, and the only chuck with the CHS is the lever type. It is on a D1-4 mount....

Those three screws are to hold the back center section of the chuck on. If we’re a adjust type it would have a 1” ish counterbore in the rear of chuck and screws usually six around the outer part of diameter to lock chuck down to backplate once centered. There would also be 4 Allen’s 90* apart to adjust in the chuck. Could we get a picture of the back?

Can you show us the other label, or is it useless? I do not see anything on the 5009. Maybe call the company.

It is a forged steel body, if that makes any difference.

Back