rockwell 11x24 restoration thread

Astjp2... yea to make the collet work you need a drawbar. I have mine I can take a pic or 2 for you to see it in place.

Bernie :) there is a interesting thread in the south bend forums. I just made a rather crude tramming gauge for it today. I am in the process of determining what collet systems to use and Jacob chucks... I got a good education at cooks last weekend with Charlie about #30nmbt adapters and mods to work with my mill.

I left a message, we'll see if he calls back...
Thanks Tim, I appreciate you pointing these out :)

Rich

That Guy knows his stuff! About machining and Rockwell lathes! I 'LLC be visiting him soon :)

Rich

That Guy knows his stuff! About machining and Rockwell lathes! I 'LLC be visiting him soon :)

Rich

Take pictures and fill us in on what you learn. He was real friendly on the phone. Tim

Hey Tim
I was hoping to get the electric all in order and working this past weekend but yahoo groups switched software and for me the Rockwell lathe group is not working. I am having trouble with the location of 24volt single phase magnetic starter motor control system. On your system where is it located? I cannot. Find an enteral box between the motor and the external on off reverse switches by the user. Any help would be appreciated.

Rich

Yea! More info learned today... my lathe is a model 25-135: which means 4 ft. bed L-00 tapered key spindle nose
that is a 11" x 24" lathe, it has a single phase motor that can run either 110V or 220V, the L-00 tapered spindle was an option for this lathe, you could also purchase it with the older screw on spindle which were standard on the older lathes.
As mentioned in a previous post (in another thread) the SN places the lathe at 1956 vintage (making her just 2 years older than me :) )

According to the manual, I may need to identify the magnetic starter motor control, unless in the single phase it is on the motor, I see pics of some 3 phase units being external to the motor though. I might have to ask that one in the yahoo rockwell group.

Thanks for watching!

Rich

Hey Tim
I was hoping to get the electric all in order and working this past weekend but yahoo groups switched software and for me the Rockwell lathe group is not working. I am having trouble with the location of 24volt single phase magnetic starter motor control system. On your system where is it located? I cannot. Find an enteral box between the motor and the external on off reverse switches by the user. Any help would be appreciated.

Rich
Sorry, I have been in Alaska for the last week with limited internet access, I will check for you this weekend if I get time. Tim

My machine is 110 so it does not have relays. Are you thinking of getting you bed ways reground? I am considering it for mine...Tim

Back