Rohm 4 jaw scroll

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Rohm 114306 4 jaw scroll chuck D1-6 mount, the back was shipped in a separate box, and did not arrive yet. $400.00 plus USPS. I was trying to find an expected TIR but have not been able to track that down. Any guesses?

Depends on the jaws, you can also tweak the back plate to reduce the TIR if the jaws are aligned. I would expect better than 0.002" in a non set-tru for an 8-10" scroll of decent quality. But that would only be with the matching jaws and it usually indicates the jaw position.

I have 1 project that needs a part to be flipped around that I always use an independent 4 jaw, but was hoping that the runout would be negligible. I need to drill a 19" bar from both ends, misalignment in the center is not an issue, but being close to center at the start of both ends would be.
I have to wait for the jaws, and back mount, but I'm noticing the jaw slots have sharpie number out of sequence for the positions, which is intriguing to me.

Batter up ! :grin: The bats look great Mike . Just remembered I sold a Bison 4 jaw scroll with the adjust true feature . Only a 6" though .

Oh well, I need at least a 2"+ through hole for the bats. My D1-4 chucks were smaller(or the spindle), and I was out of bed length with the tail stock drilling.

Wow. Those bats are stinkeeeen gorgeous!

Thank you, they are for breaking 50# bags of ice, and terminating the brain function of big fish.

Thank you, they are for breaking 50# bags of ice, and terminating the brain function of big fish.
Fishing was the first thing that came to mind.

Nice work.

Thank you, I have broken many bats softening up frozen bags of ice, the solid layer on the bottom cracks or crushes them. I've made probably 175, and no returns, or complaints.

Back