Rohm 4 jaw scroll

A little bit pricy though, but it would work. :encourage:

Well all of the pieces came, and I assembled it today. It is a Rohm 8" 4 jaw scroll/4 jaw independent. Now I'm wondering what it's going to be like to adjust in, I have never seen one like this, but I am a rookie. ~450.00 with shipping, and looks to be in very good shape. Any ideas on the zeroing procedure?
1708571193131.png
1708571285482.png~
1708571391630.png

Last edited:
You have a 4J combination chuck. The scroll and jaws work independently, mount the chuck and you center the work just as you would do for a 4J independent. You can then remove and reinsert stock quickly and it should repeat within about 0.001", you can then tweak the jaws if you need a finer adjustment. Kind of the benefits of a Set-Tru, but much easier to adjust on the fly to quickly dial down the TIR. Keep each jaw, carrier and scroll together, numbered as you have. Main downside of the chucks is they are heavy, and the swarf can get into the mechanism. I also made opposing keys to set the opposing jaws at the same time. They tend to be quite expensive chucks.

Bison Combo TIR Zero 1.jpg

I have the same chuck except it's a three jaw.
Leave slightly loose so you can adjust then tighten & loosen with the chuck key when dialed in. It's super easy.
If yours forged steel? Oh and make a nice tool to fit the square on the jaw to adjust.

Yes it is heavy! Also forged steel, I don't remember the price I saw online, as it was very pricy, and thought that could not be the same one I was getting. Thank you for the tips.

Back