Rohm independent chuck 8"

If it has a 1 year warranty and you received it on 2/24/2012 you still have 13 days of warranty left.

You're still in warranty. If it was me I'd be sure to advise them of that and that I'd make a big stink of this on the machinist forums if it wasn't taken care of to my satisfaction. BTW, if you don't mind...where did you buy this chuck from?

Direct from Rohm. The man that signed the email is the one i bought from, Rohm regional manager.
Discussed it with him before I ordered. Mentioned warranty. It really is poor quality.

i may be new but I am not stupid.

i will send a new email in the AM. I have already asked him to reconsider. No response.

Mike

Mike, I know how you feel here buddy but if you never used it yet and just finally got around to checking it out then that's your fault. Still, I would explain that you never used the chuck, which I am assuming because you didn't mention using it, and only just now got around to checking it out, and that it's still under warranty. Call the guy. If he won't budge then escalate and dominate. Ask to speak to his boss. I would give it my best shot if it was me. Good luck.

HPDATE;

Hello Don, Splat, Jeff et. al.

Spoke to Rohm. They are proud of their products. About the same as a Buck.
The manager below had agreed to regrind the jaws at shipping cost. I think they are too loose in the T slots; but......

Will advise once the chuck is back. We'll see and thanks for looking.
So all my "furor" was for naught. Once I made an offer, he countered with the shipping offer. So Jeff, you were right.
I guess my experience with JET had me wary.
BUT I did learn how to evaluate the accuracy of an independent chuck.

with that said I'll thank you an let this continue another day.

Mike

The manager below had agreed to regrind the jaws at shipping cost. I think they are too loose in the T slots; but......

Cool. Yeah, definitely let us know when you get it back how everything went. :)

HPDATE;

Will advise once the chuck is back. We'll see and thanks for looking.
So all my "furor" was for naught. Once I made an offer, he countered with the shipping offer. So Jeff, you were right.
I guess my experience with JET had me wary.
BUT I did learn how to evaluate the accuracy of an independent chuck.

with that said I'll thank you an let this continue another day.

Mike

Good to hear. I'll be interested to see how this all plays out.

Best of luck,

-Ron

Good to hear they'll stand behind their product. Once they agree it was out of spec, I would kindly ask about being reimbursed for shipping since an out of tolerance product should have never made it past QC.

HPDATE;

Mike

I'm not quite sure what you meant by "about the same as Buck." As proud of their product as Buck, or the same quality as Buck?

In my humble opinion, they left themselves a LOT of wiggle room by using the word "about". I'd tell them I still have warranty time and I want a new chuck. Why take a piece of trash that they didn't manufacture correctly the first time? After 40 years of use, neither my Buck nor Bison have that problem.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by "about the same as Buck." As proud of their product as Buck, or the same quality as Buck?

In my humble opinion, they left themselves a LOT of wiggle room by using the word "about". I'd tell them I still have warranty time and I want a new chuck. Why take a piece of trash that they didn't manufacture correctly the first time? After 40 years of use, neither my Buck nor Bison have that problem.

$$$$ wise, they are proud. German quality is normally good. I suspect they are "subcontracting".

Back