Rust removal

I just got hold of 6% vinegar Do not know if the strength of vinegar matters.We'll see you tomorrow

DSC01072.JPG

DSC01074.JPG

DSC01073.JPG

DSC01075.JPG

DSC01076.JPG

DSC01077.JPG

will be waiting for the results.

I've heard about that method, but it does not smell bad and sticky?
Hi fernballan,
It is is watered down a lot so like water in viscosity, smells nice, non-toxic but will slightly stain hands if left on to long,(will wash out).
Biggest failure is not enough water,(I have seen mention of 50/50 mix). Won't harm sound paint or metal. Leaves a black smut that rubs off. I scrub in soak bucket, rinse and dry and paint with Emertan. I recently came across a mention of a product called http://www.holdtight.com/ which looks interesting and they have a local supplier. I work on a lot of old machinery and this is the gentlest method I know even better than Tea. I like it because I can dump and leave, all other methods take constant monitoring. You can try it in an ice-cream container.

It seems to work and the black spots that get after electrolyte are not found
Will try with stronger vinegar only 6% next time it becomes 30% vinegar How strong vinegar is it?

It seems to work and the black spots that get after electrolyte are not found
Will try with stronger vinegar only 6% next time it becomes 30% vinegar How strong vinegar is it?
One thing can i say I will never buy what all youtub uses do not remember what it's called

Ok, Got a bunch of tools home for the mill, part of them went into Evapo Rust. some went into a vinigar and salt bath. Will see how it goes.

Ok, Got a bunch of tools home for the mill, part of them went into Evapo Rust. some went into a vinigar and salt bath. Will see how it goes.
How did the comparison go?

Last edited:
After 24 hours
Will leave it another day and see if the black pieces after tenplates disappear

Don't know about vinegar, but Evaporust will definitely work slower at lower temperatures.

Back