Sadness in my house.

Very sorry to hear, Bob. I too, like some of the other members here, know what it means to do what you are doing and go through it. Nothing pleasant about it, except you can be assured there is no pain or suffering after this. These animals come to depend on us for virtually everything, and this is the best thing you can do for them at their end of life. Make it as pain free and non-traumatic as possible, and know that it is the best you can do, and is appreciated.

I've lost several of the cats we are working on rescuing over the last year or two, and even thought some are feral, they become friends and it is not easy to see them go.

Best wishes, Bob.

A sad time for all.
Pets give so much and ask for so little, something to be learned there.

My thoughts are wiyh you. Scruffy

Sorry to hear this Bob. Take care, I'm as near as your phone.

"Billy G"

Don't mind appologising for cat on lap while try to type . There has always been one since th e day
i was born-79 yrs-last lived. 23yrs new oner retired LPN CAT, puts me to bed, gets me, relishes felinity. I have someone to come home. I and,I guess everyone else here shares your sorrow.
BLJHB.

Bob, sorry for your loss. the wife and I had to put down the Boxer about a year ago and then the german sheapard two months ago, and I greatly miss both of them. I was telling my wife yesterday what I hate the most is coming home from work and not being greeted by wagging tails or jingling dog tags.

Best wishes, Don

I certainly feel for you. My handle "samthedog" comes from a Staffordshire Bull Terrier I had when I lived in Australia. I had to put the guy down and it broke my heart.

You are doing the right thing by your dog letting her go when she is in too much pain. Sometimes we have to do what is best for the dog, not what's easiest for us. It's damn hard but is the right thing to do. I have been through it quite a few times with working dogs on the farm and house pets. It's never easy.

Paul.

I always go the whole journey with my dogs and cats. Always tears when the needle is used. Last dog went a month ago with pancreatic cancer. Sorry for your loss.

Very sorry. Waited way too long with my beagle. Best when they can go with some dignity.

John

Bob, so sorry to hear about your buddy. My lab mix is laying on the couch beside me as I type so I can feel your pain.
Pets can be such a huge part of our lives that I look forward each evening seeing my Abbee when I get home from work.
Just remember all the good times and love your dogs bring.

Back