Sadness in my house.

Bob

I've had to do that too. Not much like it. If it's possible to get a little peek into heaven, it's that moment when all you can see is how much you love them, and they loved you back.

Bernie

So very sorry for your loss.

Dogs give us 100 years worth of love and devotion in the 14 or so years they're with us as our companions.

It's always painful to do what you're faced with. I feel for you and your family.

Take care and godspeed old girl.

Sorry to hear this Bob, it's a tough time.
Dogs give their all to us and leave way too soon.

Bob,
There are no words I can write that can convey my feelings on what lies before you. Spend as much time as possable with her and easy her journey to the other side.
Be strong my friend.
*******G******

This helps, it's not mine it's from an e-mail I received ....so true , been where you are about a year ago........

dogs.jpg

Very sorry to hear this Bob. I still tear up when I think about the dogs I've loved and lost, but then I smile as I recall the joy we had together. You are good people to have rescued so many good dogs.

Tom

Understood.

Our dalmatian died a few years ago. A puppy, he came to us with scars and a limp, as he had been abused.
My name on this site "Uglydog" is a daily reminder of what he gave to us.
Just as with humans if we remember to practice some of what we have learned from our pets, then our world will be a better place.

Daryl
MN

Sad day, sorry to hear Bob. My neighbor in the campground I stayed in in Florida a few years ago had to put down a loved German Sheppard because it was a biter and he was a traveling vender and the dog was such a liability. I remember seeing him walking the dog on it's last day and seeing a grown man cry. A few months later he bought a German Sheppard puppy and sent it to some classes and he is now a happy man again.

So sad to hear Bob. Some people just don't understand. Believe me, I do.

Best wishes,

Dale

Our dogs and cats are very much parts of our family. My little dog is sitting on my lap all the time as I type. She is 2 or 3 years old. Part Jack Russell,part Beagle or something else. Very smart and totally dedicated to me. My wife';s dog weighs about 40 # and is a spitz mix. Both are rescued dogs.

We used to have 5 cats,as they kept showing up a the back door because their owners abandoned them,or whatever.

Now that I'm retired,much of my day revolves around caring for the pets,feeding,letting them out,things like that.

It is indeed terribly sad when you have to have one put to sleep. My sympathy goes out to you.

Back