Saw this video on how to face knurl and thought it was interesting and worth sharing

Just another trick in the trade.
I thought it was a viable and nicely done way. Yes the knurl is slightly curved and will depend on the size of the material. Hope this helps someone..

Finally found the video I was looking for, Mark Pressing placing an end-knurl on a prop driver using a straight knurling wheel.

Once I saw this I decided to keep the "push" knurling toolholder that came with my QCTP set:

Push Knurler.jpeg
Use just one cutting wheel, and the diagonal ones may work OK (never tried it).

Last edited:
I have done that, that was my only way of doing it in the past. it worked, but now I have another tool in the tool chest.... I think it was for a new nut for a HF multi tool. The new nut doesn't back off like the original one did.

I have done that, that was my only way of doing it in the past. it worked, but now I have another tool in the tool chest.... I think it was for a new nut for a HF multi tool. The new nut doesn't back off like the original one did.
Yes, adding a serrated face on a nut (like a serrated flange nut) would be an excellent use.

damn, I said nut, when I meant washer. but yea both would work.
I like flange nuts as they spread the load (and it’s one less thing to lose or try to place on the blind end of a bolt). I use them with a washer on the ears of my milling vice so that there’s less chance of the vice moving when tightening after aligning.

Back