[4]

Seeking nickel plating near Detroit

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

auto.pilot

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I've called and emailed several local plating companies, but not one of them will take on small plating jobs. Is anyone familiar with a SE Michigan plater willing to take on small jobs?

Guessing I will have about 100 freshly turned brass items, each one no larger than your thumb.

Thanks

jim

Richard King

Bronze
Registered
I know you said Detroit, but I know a place in Minneapolis that does bluing and plating piece work. I was in there once and they showed me a Thompson they had just refinished the bluing and wood. It was like new.
I would bet you could send it certified mail or Nest day air.
Ken Metal Finishing 612 521 0673. I haven't been there in a few years and I am assuming they are still in business.
Rich

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I just went through this my self. And recently found and tried Courtesy Metal Polishing. What I liked about this was you can send them photos on line and they will give you a quote. You send them your item with a check and you get back your plated part in a very timely fashion. I just processed an order this way and I never actually spoke to anyone on the phone. It took about 3-4 weeks, all very quick and clean. I am going to use them again. And, I thought their prices are very reasonable. Good luck.

T

Tom Griffin

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I would highly recommend Classic Plating in Redford. They are a small outfit and will take on any size job. I can't vouch for their electroplating, but have had a lot of parts electroless nickel plated by them and they did an excellent job. It sounds like that might be what you are looking for anyway.

Tom

[5] [7]