Selling the initial investment.....

We both just buy what we want. Neither of us are big spenders, and she realizes how much I do, and save us financially by doing virtually everything myself, that most people pay someone big $ to do.
Yup. I have built both houses we have lived in during our 30 years together. I have fixed the sink, painted the house, provided the firewood, done ALL the maintenance on her cars, kept my old junk running (never more than one car financed at a time, always hers. Mine are quite seasoned:cool 2:). If I buy another tool, she knows it will lower or eliminate SOME bill, sooner or later.

Whenever something breaks or needs to be "fitted" my wife says "u can fix that on the blue machine " (chinese lathe)
:>) all u need is the right PR bs and there's no problem. :>)

Its pretty simple at my house, my money, her money and OUR money. I don't ask why she continues to buy her 4,327th top, and she doesn't ask why I continually buy tooling, materials and expendables.

All of our household living and recreational expenses come out of our money.

I'm lucky my wife helps me keep my TAS in check because there are always incredible deals that could trip me up. She has never said no, just can you explain what you would use it for? And thats enough to make me recover enough to get real about what would really get the job done. We have done so many house projects together that she sees from the inside of the project why the right tool, whether expensive or cheap is needed and how what we do together comes out how we want. But my stuff is all about getting something done or fixed. I know I'd have a hard time if it was some restoration project of anything as I'm horrible about reselling.

Buy the machine and get it in the shop when the little lady isn't around. If she notices then it has been there for years.

I grew up on a farm/ranch and when we needed something the normal and usually only way to get it was to build it ourselves . Time that you " wernt doing anything anyhow " was well advised to be spent in the shop either building or repairing . A life long infatuation with things that go bang coupled with that attitude led me to machine tools some years ago . My wife loves woodwork and leather working and so far I am far behind her on money spent on machines and tooling lol .

Buy the machine and get it in the shop when the little lady isn't around. If she notices then it has been there for years.
I tried that with guns. She caught on, “oh, that’s a pretty one”, I don’t remember seeing that before and don’t tell me you’ve had it for years. :)

be sure to fix a curtain rod or maybe her car. Make a doo-hickey to hold something she really likes. Perhaps a small item in the shadow box would work. drill a tiny hole in something that she wants on a chain. you can also apply this to one of the kids or her best friend. I am not saying lie, but if you fix the faucet, regardless of whether the mill or lathe or any other power tool was involved, point out you saved a plumber visit. Make sure the gate that goes where ever works, all the time.

I’ve did the curtain rod thing and here is the video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back