Setting up a 1228

My 1228 came in on that same shipment, but being about 2 hours south of you I didn't pay tax. I was going to drive up, to save shipping cost but then I'd have to pay tax which was more...

I'm glad you asked this, because hopefully I can benefit from the experts responses.
You might want to give them a call in regards to the tax situation. I'm not an expert by any means but they might be able to work with you.

One last questions for all of you: The bolts to hold the tool to the table should be 1/2", correct?

My 1228 came in on that same shipment, but being about 2 hours south of you I didn't pay tax. I was going to drive up, to save shipping cost but then I'd have to pay tax which was more...

I'm glad you asked this, because hopefully I can benefit from the experts responses.
How they heck do you not pay tax unless you have a tax ID and are going to list it as inventory on your taxes?

When I ordered my equipment, they did not collect Washington tax. BUT, by the time the equipment came into PM the laws had changed and they had to collect the tax. I suppose if you lived in a state that doesn't have a sales tax your golden. But I know for a fact I had to pay Washington tax.

When I ordered my equipment, they did not collect Washington tax. BUT, by the time the equipment came into PM the laws had changed and they had to collect the tax. I suppose if you lived in a state that doesn't have a sales tax your golden. But I know for a fact I had to pay Washington tax.
I thought it was based on the sales tax rate of the state the company is in. When I ordered some suspension for my car I had to pay tax because they had a warehouse in my state, so I shipped it to my buddy in a different state and didnt have to pay tax. That was only a 1-2 years ago.

Apparently, the law went into effect on Oct 1st 2018. The dame I talked to at PM told me that Washington state was cracking down on them about collecting taxes. And if I still wanted the equipment, I had to pay the taxes.

My apologies to the OP about hijacking your thread.

Tim
They should just cook the books and say it's all being sold to the bahamas or mexico and offer the savings under the table. Just sayin, I'm paying more tax on my order than a running vehicle I once bought. What happened to a good ol cash handshake and "it fell off the truck" business transaction. Americas falling apart

I took some pics when I was setting up my 1228 on a table, if that would help you to visualize it a bit.

Attachments

• pm-1228_install_01.jpg
    pm-1228_install_01.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 108
  • pm-1228_install_02.jpg
    pm-1228_install_02.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 92
  • pm-1228_install_03.jpg
    pm-1228_install_03.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 93
  • pm-1228_install_04.jpg
    pm-1228_install_04.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 89
  • pm-1228_install_05.jpg
    pm-1228_install_05.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 94
  • pm-1228_install_06.jpg
    pm-1228_install_06.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 97
I thought it was based on the sales tax rate of the state the company is in. When I ordered some suspension for my car I had to pay tax because they had a warehouse in my state, so I shipped it to my buddy in a different state and didnt have to pay tax. That was only a 1-2 years ago.
bigfoot since you have been in the woods and are not aware of the laws of the US, if your state collects tax, and a business operates in that state, it collects tax, always has, always will.

In the last few years, many states have forced ebay, amazon and others to collect tax even if they were not in state.

So I guess there is a bigfoot.. Good to know ;)

bigfoot since you have been in the woods and are not aware of the laws of the US, if your state collects tax, and a business operates in that state, it collects tax, always has, always will.

In the last few years, many states have forced ebay, amazon and others to collect tax even if they were not in state.

So I guess there is a bigfoot.. Good to know ;)
Yea thats exactly what I was saying. If PM isnt in my state then I shouldn't pay tax. If they have passed some law that says they now have to collect tax for out of state sales, then we should just break that law. That's why chefs hats were invented. For tax season

Back