Sharp lathe tools!! Ouch

I get so many cuts in the shop my wife thinks I'm accident prone - particularly because I usually don't notice until I see blood on something. The good news is that cutting fluid seems to accelerate healing... (Probably just by keeping air out.)

Be careful out there!

GsT

After boring out a tube on my lathe, I reached in to clear a piece of swarf away (the lathe was shut down, of course), and that piece of swarf cut my thumb like a razor blade. Due to the position of the cut, it has taken slightly over 1.5 weeks to start to heal.

Yep, it is fun in the shop, but it can also bite when one lets your guard down.

Heal up Jeff!

When I go for a blood draw, I tell the phlebotomist, "I don't need a bandage, I'm not a bleeder. If I were I would have died long ago with all the cuts I get." I seldom go a week without at least one cut. I don't worry until the blood is spurting.

Heck, one time I was bowhunting and stabbed myself in an artery in the crook of my arm while trimming some brush. I held my arm up to my shoulder to stop the flow and continued hunting until the end of the day. Actually, I was more upset that I had just put a half inch slit in my new Goretex jacket. When I got home, I glued the cut with some Superglue and sew the slit in my jacket. I still have the jacket and it is my favorite outdoor jacket . I still have the scar as well. It is just below the site where they draw the blood.

Just follow the trail of red drips on the floor to the first aid kit...

I often find myself questioning, is that Dykem or did I cut myself again?

Back