Sharp Milling Machine with Tooling

I was willing to move my 9ft workbench in the front corner of my garage, but even if I were to chop the back of the mill (which I wouldn't want to do) it would stick out almost 60" from the corner and I wouldn't be able to get.my truck in the garage. It would also not be enough side clearance for the table to the walls. I would also lose almost the entire workbench.

It isn't common but if you look around the forum, you will find the occassional "wish I bought a smaller mill" comments.

I've made a lot more room in my small shop than I ever thought possible, but we all have limits. Sometimes just 1 foot smaller makes all the difference.

The one that got away. As an owner of a decent quality, but smaller mill, I join the chorus of those who argue to buy it and make room, even if you have to sacrifice something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I mounted my mill on a SOLID skid. Have to roll it out with a hand pallet truck to use. Then roll it back to park the pickup in the one car garage.

FIND A WAY!

@aluminum This is my mill the day I brought it home. Underneath the mill is a very stout pallet that I built from 4x4s and laminated beam. It is still on that pallet, so I can move it with my pallet jack. @Firstram has a very cool system to move his mill around, which someday (year) I plan on adopting.
I should also point out that the large black cabinet on the back got relocated to the right side of the machine so I could get it back a little farther in the corner if need be. Where there is a will, there is a way.

EDIT: Forgot to attach a couple of pictures. :bang head:

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_100140988.jpg
    IMG_20220530_100140988.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20220607_213000236.jpg
    IMG_20220607_213000236.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
@aluminum This is my mill the day I brought it home. Underneath the mill is a very stout pallet that I built from 4x4s and laminated beam. It is still on that pallet, so I can move it with my pallet jack. @Firstram has a very cool system to move his mill around, which someday (year) I plan on adopting.
I should also point out that the large black cabinet on the back got relocated to the right side of the machine so I could get it back a little farther in the corner if need be. Where there is a will, there is a way.
Thanks 7, if I didn't have to load my tools into a trailer 2 or 3x a year, I'd be very happy with a pallet!

Back