Shars 5" ER40 Zero Set Fine Adjustment Collet Chuck

Thanks David. I've looked at your threads before... immaculate work I might add. What you did made complete sense... using the 100mm collet chuck was a smart move with that spacer. But I won't be using a spacer, and the Shars 125mm version appealed to me more because I already have a D1-4 matching plate. Unfortunately, Shars doesn't have them in stock and the question is if they'll get any more. The only place I can find them is on eBay, but don't know the good sellers from the bad. Thanks anyway.

The title and price was raised/changed due to one item remaining. If the listing goes to zero, e-bay will close the listing and we would need to re-write the entire post. As soon as the inventory is replenished, the price/title will fall back in line. The ETA on the next shipment is around 30-60 days

Yes! I was finishing my purchase list when I noticed it was still in my cart but the out of stock notice was gone.

I'm now waiting for midnight CST time :)

20% off doesn't start until midnight.

I use a ER 32 but I machined down a backplate, mine came from Grizzly because odd cam lock chuck. Then I machined an aluminum plate to fit the adapter on and bolted it to the backplate. The adapter was turned on the lathe While mounted to the backplate. Of course I left the register a
.005 so I could adjust the adapter for runout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to raise an older thread but wondering about this setup since I'm in the market for collets for my Bridgeport I recently acquired. I also have a PM 1340gt. I'd like to be able to use the collets in both so thinking of going ER40 and that led me to this thread. As others mentioned I am not wanting to go MT5 on the chuck and have to use a drawbar to allow long stock.

Are folks using the Shars Zero Set still happy with it after a while?

May not have been available when this thread started but I see Shars does have a D1-4 backplate for a very reasonable price. At current Shars website prices I could get the zero set chuck, bearing nut & backplate all for about 250 (+ ship). This is attractive from a price point of view.

Anyone else have experience with the Shars D1-4 backplate? The price has me wondering about a "get what you pay for" disappointment if I go that way. Always a risk I know. But sometimes I get pleasantly surprised too.

Thanks for any input!

-dave

Still running mine. No problems to report with it or the D1-4 mount.

Back