Shars X-axis Power Feed Anyone?

What one do you like?

Well after looking at a bunch of them on eBay, researching the Bestool and Align brands... I bought the Shars. I signed up for their newsletter and got 10% off of the price which was $295 before the discount. $295.00 - 10% ($29.50) = $265.50 +$16.42 shipping total came to $281.92

Friday night under the lights ............ nice. That will be an easy install, limit switches take the longest set up time. Only cause they require checking stops.

That was the first mode I did to my mill, took one exercise in truing some steel to make my mind up, you will not re great the $$$s spent,

Cheers,
greg

Last edited:
I can't wait ! I think I am going take off the original today which is a 6F I think.

Shars has some good stuff and I am hoping this is one of them.

Give us some feedback and maybe a photo or two please! How did it turn out?

This is a preliminary drawing... It is done in Microsoft Visio so if you do not have it, you can download the reader for free. All of the elements have their correct dimensions. Once completed you can click on each one and see the dimensions. Of course I still need to add the drawing dimensions ,i.e... lines, arrows, dimensioning numbers. Oh also!, the drawing once completed, will be 1:1 actual size that will print on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.

This extension comes ready for the Servo Products Import model power feed. However, the Shars power feed I bought is the exact same power feed for $100.00 less, and, t
he Shars power feed requires the use of the "Optional Sleeve Bearing" which is included in the Shars packaging.

Leadscrew Extension-Pic.png

Yes, I'd be very interested in how it works for you as this is pretty high up on my list of wants, especially after surfacing some stock lately.

I would love to put a PF on my Rockwell mill. From what I've read, it's a lot more complicated than the Bridgeport.

Back