Sheetmetal QCTP rack

LOL, i try my best to keep the silly wallpaper from the pics but there’s no avoiding that stupid yellow(supposed goldenrod) that is slopped everywhere. If you look close half the holes in the pegboard are partially or completely plugged by the paint. The original owners the guy thought he was a carpenter and the woman wanted to live in a doll house, YUK! It was like a 70’s museum of garbage kitch.

I would love to tear out the pegboard and replace with a French cleat wall. And there is just no reason to put anything below a certain level on any wall anyway because there’s going to be lathes, Mills, grinders, toolboxes etc, etc.

Don't you hate those darned hooks? Seems like they could have come up with something that won't fall out of the wall and under something heavy every time a person takes a tool off it.

I remember my Dad getting so frustrated with that.
He eventually put a dab of silicone behind each hook just to keep them from falling out every time he grabbed a tool.

I do have some peg-board and hooks in my shop..... but only occasionally do I encounter that problem.

-brino

What did you use for the individual 'brackets'? Did you form them from sheet, or was there some channel material available?

They are cut out of and formed out of the same 22gal I made my hood out of. They had to be a very specific width to grab the holders with the hose on them. Once I got that dimension I sheared strips that width then sheared to length and used the press brake for the bends. There was a little hand tweaking because they tended to hit the finger break.

Last edited:
I didn't see any wallpaper. My eyes are trained to see useful things. Ha!
Don't care for the pegboard eh? My shop has it floor to 10' ceiling. I've considered covering the bottom half with something different, but just like you, I've got so many other things I'd rather be doing. Don't you hate those darned hooks? Seems like they could have come up with something that won't fall out of the wall and under something heavy every time a person takes a tool off it.
I find that a couple of dabs of hot melt will keep the hooks from falling out when you remove something.

Back