Shop made fly cutter question

Ya, its not so bad on days like today in the +'s. Lol
Man you are OUT THERE ! I was out in Banff and Jasper last year for a month . Froze my butt off in AUGUST ! :big grin:

Man you are OUT THERE ! I was out in Banff and Jasper last year for a month . Froze my butt off in AUGUST ! :big grin:
Haha, oh we had a cold snap, my pipes froze an all. -31 was no fun. And its only the okanagan. Summers make up for it though even though spring and fall are my times

Note that a slot for the set screws as @aliva suggests also eliminates the worries of buggering up an unhardened tool holder with the set screws, too. You can buy dog-point set screws, but I've faced the cups off of countless set-screws and turned down a dog-point countless times. Cup points are DESIGNED to cut into the material and raise a burr. It's another minor detail, but it's generally worth the time to at least file off the cup point and create a flat at the end of the screw if you expect to remove or reposition stuff frequently.
Didn't know that. Thanks for the education.

Hope that wild weather is not affecting you too badly.

Regards

Hope that wild weather is not affecting you too badly.
Thanks.

The pucker factor is unusually high. I'm in the middle of trying to sell my house, and we've had two big windstorms in the past week! Thought for sure I'd have a tree fall on the house or a fence down just to torment me. Amazingly, other than having to track down a recycle bin that was blown several houses away, I'm unscathed so far. Fingers crossed.

It's no better where you're heading . Snow country ! :big grin:

Thanks.

The pucker factor is unusually high. I'm in the middle of trying to sell my house, and we've had two big windstorms in the past week! Thought for sure I'd have a tree fall on the house or a fence down just to torment me. Amazingly, other than having to track down a recycle bin that was blown several houses away, I'm unscathed so far. Fingers crossed.
Has the rain affected you as much as some the places on or near the coast? I know a grand total of next to nothing about California geography. I'm curious as to how far inland the havoc is occurring.

Regards

Back