Shop reorganization

Owwwwwwww!!!! That was a real shot to the shorts fellows. I saw Charlie and Bernies shops so clean and I was so ashamed. I have been needing to get out to my shop and do some serious cleaning and reorganization since I got back from Iraq. I kind of threw a complete heavy truck shop worth of tools and equipment into my already cramped home shop and it is a total disaster area right now. I'm too ashamed to even show a picture of it. Fortunately I had a fellow come over today from the foundation where Indi came from and he is interested in learning to operate the machines and build some projects. So he and I are going to start meeting and working in and on getting the shop straightened back out and into usable condition again. So hopefully I wont be too embarrassed to show a picture of my little mental health building in the next little bit. Our first project is pretty simple and that is basically getting everything picked up and all the tools put away properly in the various tool boxes in the shop and get them lined up against the wall to clear the center of the room enough to be able to turn around and get a project into the room. I'm hoping my friend from Houston shows up to take my giant size tool box back to Houston with him so he can save the money on the tool trucks and go to work for a bit more money. He graduated from UTI and is smart as a whip, he is just inexperienced and doesn't have a huge selection of tools to work with yet either. Once he gets mine he will be well equipped to do anything he needs to do and that should allow him to not have to make tool payments to the tool trucks every week when they come around. So I'm right behind you guys and bringing up the rear and hope to catch up soon.

Bob

Charlie, we have a new forum now and I thought that it would fit in just perfectly. So if you have no objections I relocated this thread. I really like what you are doing, I have a real appreciation for the effort. Keep up the good work. We are glad you are here sharing the info.

hmm, I am embarrassed to even post pics of my shop. Maybe one day I'll finish the 7 projects I have on the go and tidy up, even then it will never come close to your shop charley.

Charley, If you need more space in the shop, you can store that rat rod project at my house!!!:jester:
Seriously lookin good man. Sorry about your dads health problems bro, and about the job loss.

Say, you don't ride a Harley by any chance do you? :lmao:

Say, you don't ride a Harley by any chance do you? :lmao:

I think your mistaking my color theme that's Home Depot not Harley Davidson:lmao:

Had to sell the Harley a couple years ago so I could maintain this low standard of living I've became accustomed to.

I have some family the lives near you. I spent about a year in that area and Tullahoma (sp?) pretty country.

Back