Show us your DIY tablet mount

That's perfect. Those clamps aren't very good at clamping things together but now I know what I'm doing with the few I have!
Didn't even modify the clamp. There was a roll pin there that I drove out and used that hole to bolt the easel on. So I can always just put that roll pin back in. I kept it right here in my toolbox, hmmm, no it's not there. Oh right, I put it in my top desk drawer.... strange, not there either. Oh maybe it was in the bin with the extra mill parts, nope not there. Ok, well, I haven't a clue where I put it, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Didn't even modify the clamp. There was a roll pin there that I drove out and used that hole to bolt the easel on. So I can always just put that roll pin back in. I kept it right here in my toolbox, hmmm, no it's not there. Oh right, I put it in my top desk drawer.... strange, not there either. Oh maybe it was in the bin with the extra mill parts, nope not there. Ok, well, I haven't a clue where I put it, but it's the thought that counts, right?
That implies you will make a permeant mount at some point in time, cross that bridge when you get to it!

Had plans of buying a vesa arm but my mini mill is so small I thought a 3D printed arm may work well. I downloaded a design from thingiverse that used hardware I had available already.

Some pieces are in matte PLA and some in Nylon CF. Thought it might be good to test weakest vs strongest(in my inventory). Have not decided exactly how my Tab A 8.0 will be mounted. I may print a case or epoxy magnets for easy adjust/removal as I can imagine cleaning will be somewhat often.

Attachments

• 20220625_133812.jpg
    20220625_133812.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for all the great ideas! The tablet holder part of my new mount is done. Next up is the arm.

i-hHkT9DR-M.jpg

It's a bit rough, a design as you go kinda project while also having the first try at profile cutting with the mill & getting used to using the DRO. 4mm alu.

i-TFGdQqH-L.jpg

The daggy corners may be remade as some old HDPE chopping board was the only suitable material I had on hand at the time. Also need to get some wingnuts for easy un-clamping of the tablet.

i-rCfVQfC-L.jpg

Now making some more RAM balls for arm.

Cheers
Clint

That's well spotted by you. I didn't have the stomach to report such a small thing =)
Believe me, there are no small things :) This one took me solid 3 hours to fix, but while at it, I cleaned up the code so it's a win-win.
Regards
Yuriy
Thanks for all the great ideas! The tablet holder part of my new mount is done. Next up is the arm.

i-hHkT9DR-M.jpg

It's a bit rough, a design as you go kinda project while also having the first try at profile cutting with the mill & getting used to using the DRO. 4mm alu.

i-TFGdQqH-L.jpg

The daggy corners may be remade as some old HDPE chopping board was the only suitable material I had on hand at the time. Also need to get some wingnuts for easy un-clamping of the tablet.

i-rCfVQfC-L.jpg

Now making some more RAM balls for arm.

Cheers
Clint
Looks very robust :)
Just curious, though - why are you using TouchDRO in "Lathe" mode on a mill?

Believe me, there are no small things :) This one took me solid 3 hours to fix, but while at it, I cleaned up the code so it's a win-win.
Regards
Yuriy

Looks very robust :)
Just curious, though - why are you using TouchDRO in "Lathe" mode on a mill?
It's both! ...zoom out a little:

i-W7LMwWb-L.jpg

Means my tablet mount needs to easily flip from portrait to landscape. Seen above in ball turner mode using the mill spindle as a pivot.

This is why I was really keen to get the V3 beta - the ease of switching between lathe & mill modes sounded very useful & is certainly working out well so far. I still have a lot to learn to get the most out of the app though, & do some more setup like the the tool library now I have a few holders tooled up for the QCTP. Great to see the basic manual is now available, keep up the good work!

Cheers
Clint

It's both! ...zoom out a little:

i-W7LMwWb-L.jpg

Means my tablet mount needs to easily flip from portrait to landscape. Seen above in ball turner mode using the mill spindle as a pivot.

This is why I was really keen to get the V3 beta - the ease of switching between lathe & mill modes sounded very useful & is certainly working out well so far. I still have a lot to learn to get the most out of the app though, & do some more setup like the the tool library now I have a few holders tooled up for the QCTP. Great to see the basic manual is now available, keep up the good work!

Cheers
Clint
Clint,
I haven't had a chance to play with the lathe Saved Tool Library much, so I'm really curious to hear your feedback. My goal is to make the function as simple as possible, but swapping tools is still a bran bender for me :)
Regards
Yuriy

All done. Made the arm & a couple of wall brackets so I can shift the tablet either side of the mill. Nothing too fancy but it works well.

i-7z8hbjV-L.jpg

i-xJFwkPx-M.jpg

Cheers
Clint

I'm not at home at the moment, but I made a simple one for my dad's mill w/7" tablet.

It's bent sheet metal (kind of looks like a painting easel), and there's a large piece of velcro on the sheet metal and the tablet. I hate when the DRO moves around, so it's firmly attached to a shelf that puts the tablet in a good location.

The velcro holds well enough that the tablet doesn't move, but can easily be removed if needed.

Back