Show Us Your Shop Made Tooling!

Is that the name of your boring tool, or a name for the rough and ready tools made to get a job done? I like to steal Tom Lipton's name for those. He calls his dogmeat. I like making the dogmeat tools almost as much as the ones where I'm doing everything I can towards accurate and pretty.

Turning Horrible freight mag base indicator stand into something useful.If you look close at the spot face I put on it you can see the sandwich construction of the base.IMG_20230819_163002.jpgIMG_20230818_231931.jpg

With that little pin in my mic drawer, I can reface and easily reset the lathe tool height setter. I can slap it in the mill to center the spindle over an edge. It also allowed me to build a stack from cross slide to center line that I could repeatably measure. Well worth the effort.

All the thumbs up are great, but feel free to write something.

Thanks again for the thumbs. Here is the home I made for the quick change drill chuck on the tool board. Holy cow does PVC get weird shaped quick with the tiniest bit of clamping pressure. At a glance though it's a nice enough looking part. Now there are 15 tools centered and taught to the dro. Outsmarting the dro was by far the most daunting part of these projects.IMG_20230821_185045.jpgIMG_20230821_185343.jpg

Back