Single to three phase.

I just ordered the last one. Phew
Now I need to find a schematic .
Thanks again.
The wiring diagram is in the box L1 and L2 is the wall power and T1, T2, T3 are the 3ph motor terminals...... You cant get it wrong the motor with just spin backwards..... To fix switch any 2 of the 3 wires to the motor.....

I'm tired of everyone "recommending" a VFD for every single piece of equipment.... This machine really wont from gain anything with a VFD.... Get a Static Phase Converter...... They are cheap, simple, easy to wire and they work!

Yep, you're right good call.
For an application that does NOT need speed control this makes sense.

I guess, for me, my mind goes to VFD as that's the only method that I have personally used.
However my application was for a mill and speed control was desired.
That too was relatively cheap, easy to wire and has worked well......not simple though with so many parameters to program.

I should have considered the application.

Thanks!
-brino

Yep, you're right good call.
For an application that does NOT need speed control this makes sense.

I guess, for me, my mind goes to VFD as that's the only method that I have personally used.
However my application was for a mill and speed control was desired.
That too was relatively cheap, easy to wire and has worked well......not simple though with so many parameters to program.

I should have considered the application.

Thanks!
-brino

I only learned about static converters in the last month

Before I learned about this easy product I saw this guy's video and built one with a box of old parts I had laying around for free.......

Last edited:
C’mon Bill. Radio Shack!!, the last time I saw an open Radio Shack, it was next door to the then closing Montgomery-Wards store, in the now defunct Riverside Mall in Utica, NY................................

The reference to Radio Shack as a source for electronics parts is one that would be recognised anywhere in the country. To have referenced Forbe's (a local supplier) would have been meaningless to someone just 10 miles out of town. It also implies second rate or "fall-out" parts. Then also, the last Monkey Wards I saw was in 1966. So that's not much of a reference either. By the way, where is Utica? Taiwan or Saudi?

Just kidding you, I actually miss Radio Shack.........~

Utica, NY is a upstate NY city, that basically died about 40 years ago, but no one has told them yet..........

I'm tired of everyone "recommending" a VFD for every single piece of equipment.... This machine really wont from gain anything with a VFD.... Get a Static Phase Converter...... They are cheap, simple, easy to wire and they work!

I totally agree. There are applications where a VFD shines, and others where it's overkill. This is an application better suited for a static converter. I bought a 3 phase Black Diamond drill grinder a few years ago. In reality it's a similar application to the OP's in that they're both nothing more than single speed light duty motors used for grinding applications.

For this particular machine I chose a North America HL 1.5 static converter. It's more than the machine needs, but it's versatile in that it can be used for a larger machine in the future should I need it. At the time I bought it on sale for a little over $50.00. They're a little more expensive today, but they do occasionally go on sale.

Thanks every one for the input.
Does anyone know where I can get wheels for HSS. It came with diamond wheels and I use inserts and don't really need the wheels. I use more HSS.

Back