small 12V hydraulic power unit question

thanks for the replys. I thought of the portapower idea, I have a couple hand pumps but they don't produce much volume per stroke, the convertible top idea at 300 psi would move the v halves and I still have the winch for lifting it.
the trimtab pump idea is probably the best. tom, could you produce a couple pix of your set up ? it sounds interesting.
there is no pto output on the 4 wheelers that im aware of but that would work great if there were. ive used older mopar power steering pumps for a couple project in the past. they could be shimmed to about 1500 psi and I think I even have one laying in the barn. . . but it would be too big im afraid
its amazing how much information is available on this and other forums.
again, thanks for the input.
now , how about a valve diagram ? power one side of the plow or the other, lock the fluid in either or both and open to tank on either one or both sides, plus small and easy ?????? gheesh, maybe this is why I don't hear much about power mini plows :) i'll try to figure out a sliding spool or a rotating valve, on paper...

Hydraulics & Pneumatics Magazine (look up on the web) has a great bunch of tech info tutorials that should help'

A 4-way closed center ports 3 position de-tented spool valve is probably your best bet.

Back