small CNC mill suggestions

Thanks for the great info guys! I will definately look harder at the DIY approach. After hearing what you've had to say, doesn't sound that bad after all. I was really straining to justify the 8k+ I was looking at for a completed machine.
Guess I need to start shopping around!
Thanks!
Stan

i have part numbers and suppliers if you would like them
steve

Yes sir Steve, I would indeed love to have that info.
thanks,
Stan

ok here goes
milling machine wholesale tools zx45 ( wttools.com ) 1800 + shipping
ebay item numbers
motors and drives 170796217146
1 coupling 370594678819
2 couplings 251009617349
ballscrew set 290649528399
oiler 170658580507
3 phase motor i'm looking for number
vfd 170767920882
(gecko drives 4 330680118035) will need another power supply you dont really need these I'm not using them
parts washer for coolant pump and tank 320909598267

cnc4pc items
smoothstepper + look for terminal board on bottom of screen
2 fans estop and 6 limit switches
usb cable

here is the direct fit 2hp three phase motor for the vfd
https://www.machinetoolswarehouse.com/xcart/catalog/Motor-3-phase-2-hp-p-16246.html
anything else just ask I think i got everything
you have to make the motor mounts they are easy and i have nema34 and 42 bolt paterns if you need them I'd use only shielded wire
without the smooth steppers and vfd three phase motor coolant pump and oiler this can be build for about 3500 3 axis check it out you can always add on
steve

i have numbers for sheild wire. 4 terminal connectors, coolant flex nozzles and a lot more
if you need them
steve

ps I would not use any chinese machine, lathe mill bandsaw anything without removing the original oil and a really good wash out they leave sand from casting in them i read a lot about this as a problem once cleaned your good to go

the kewl thing about using the column as the z axis is, to zero z after a tool change you can use the quill to touch the tool without resetting the z zero in mach3. just start with the quill locked about an inch or so down and locked to leave room for adjustment
I think that came out right
I'm done now
steve

Back