Small mill

Another option would be a Clausing 8530 or a Rockwell 21-100. Both are good mills, though smaller than a Bridgeport.
Just have to find one.

I know where there is a very nice Clausing in PA. The only issue with that mill is it has either a MT2 or B&S taper. Not R8

BTW that Rockwell is gorgeous! Is it for sale?

Robert

if it does not have a knee. it is not a mill just a glorified drill press. I have a 8520 it has the number 2 mt. have been using it for 30 years with no problem. you can still get the collects from msc I also have a enco 8x42 mill . I helped a friend get a Rockwell

if it does not have a knee. it is not a mill just a glorified drill press. I have a 8520 it has the number 2 mt. have been using it for 30 years with no problem. you can still get the collects from msc I also have a enco 8x42 mill . I helped a friend get a Rockwell
Say what now? Z axis movement from a knee is required for something to be a milling machine? Does that mean nearly all industrial CNC mills are actually glorified CNC drill presses?

That's a rather ignorant statement that isn't really helpful.

One of my requirements for purchasing a mill is that it have a knee. The semantics of what you call a machine is irrelevant to me... I wanted the functionality and rigidity afforded by a machine that has a knee.

I do not believe I would be happy with the functionality of the mill the OP posted a link to... but everyone has their own needs and requirements. I do respectfully agree that demeaning the mill that a person has chosen by calling it a drill press isn't very productive.

I have limited ability to move a Bridgeport into my basement. I want the most powerful and feature rich small mill that I can get into my basement. Basement is a walkout, so no stairs. I found this 2HP model. Thoughts?

Midas MI-409MZ Metal Mill

Is backing a trailer up to your shop door a possibility?

I like these machines (clausing and Rockwell) but I have heard the Rockwell is really tough to get. I passed on one two years ago, but they were asking 3k.

Back