Snow

That's hilarious!
I absolutely love living up north with the strong four seasons. It has been bitterly cold here though for a while now. Had -12F (-22C) this morning but it warmed up very nicely to about +10F today. Had to laugh the other day when I asked the wife what the outside temp was and she said "about 10" and I was like, "above or below?"

I was in Prince Rupert BC for a couple of days a few years ago (in the summer) and what a rugged/beautiful area.
I'll be up your way this weekend hitting the trails.

View attachment 257255[/QUOTE]
That's hilarious!
I absolutely love living up north with the strong four seasons. It has been bitterly cold here though for a while now. Had -12F (-22C) this morning but it warmed up very nicely to about +10F today. Had to laugh the other day when I asked the wife what the outside temp was and she said "about 10" and I was like, "above or below?"

I was in Prince Rupert BC for a couple of days a few years ago (in the summer) and what a rugged/beautiful area.

Definitely a strong 4 seasons. Since we moved here the highest temp has been 42C (108F) and the lowest -39C (-38F). This year I think it was more like 38C and -27C. The change is certainly noticed. Never see anyone running around here wearing a bathing suit in the winter ........ well not sober anyways.;)

I got to see your roads twice, Once driving up the ALCAN nice weather sunny and cool, Then driving back down in Dec 4 years later, Cardboard in front of the Radiator, Heater on full blast, the wife and kid bundled up to where I could not see them. You can keep it. We acutally got some of that white stuff here this year. Did not last long though.

I was riding home in that, wondered why the stuff hitting my face hurt :) Having spent 8 winters riding in the snow, I'm pretty happy not to now! I do miss going up into the hills for snowshoeing with the family though.

I did some plowing with a giant old dump truck with brakes that didn't hold till the pedal was mashed into the floorboard. Lots of fun doing parking lots with a holes just going crazy . Sliding thru stop lights with no control . It wouldn't have bothered me so bad if everything worked in the truck. And I got big money $4.00 per hr. YUPP wasn't worth my or someone else's life. One night and day was enough for this ole Piney or to others hillbilly.

The fact that you are able to handle the snow in this quantity and cold is a testament to the quality of your machine maintence.
I respect your many and long term efforts.

Daryl
MN

Back