So I am Looking at this Table.... And it's NOT

Yes, News merged into Yuasa, latter being the parent. There is tooling around called News-Yuasa reflecting the overlap sequence. Wonderful tooling, to be sure. Another great Japanese iron producer, unseen of late, Eron; vises, angle plates, mag-chucks, unique nesting parallels, every bit satisfactory as Yuasa, News, Lyndex-Nikken, Big-Daishowa, Showa, Tajima. Having bought personal tooling I use at jobs nearly 50 years, never regretted a dime on Japanese tools. We should be proud they allowed us mentor, and follow our lead.
It'll be decades before remaining Asia can m-a-t-c-h domestic Japanese tools. Not sure they'll bother.

Several years ago I purchased a couple Eron "Mules" from an equipment dealer in central Wisconsin. He had about a dozen of them still new in the box. I paid all of $10.00 for each of them. I haven't seen or heard of them for quite some time, but recently a couple used ones showed up on eBay. One has an asking price of $99.00 and the other is $89.00.

I too have a pair those 'mules', one marked Eron, other an adhesive name plate for a machine company; both are Eron though. Great little fixture. While originals are cast iron, nothing in the world prevents duplicating with HR/ CR or better. It could be roughed out, assembled and finish milled to align dual Vees. With cap screws or jig feet buttons, it will work nicely on a good surface. With table slots or arcs of shame, leave rails full length to 'ski' over openings

Mine's a Troyka vertical/horizontal, 13" I think, heavy beast. So I store it where I can just slide it onto the mill table. :)

Troyke probably in best 3 brands aftermarket ro-tabs. My preference; Pratt & Whitney, not exactly aftermarket though.
I won't reveal collection further. . .

I like my Kamakura RT. Good pick!
0ea5b0339fb4adc8a00394e6ed352787.jpg
b1b222d4b545c8b722d8d78f65c2e7d3.jpg

(from mobile)

...It'll be decades before remaining Asia can m-a-t-c-h domestic Japanese tools. Not sure they'll bother.
Why should they bother when we will only pay for the low-end stuff... then complain about it. China just landed on the moon, so you know they have high end stuff just like us, but we won't pay for the quality stuff.

Back on topic, after seeing that the Precision Matthews 4" dividing head (with 5" chuck) weighs 51 lbs, and the 6" version weighs 91 lbs, I chose the small one and will make due.

Last edited:
Back