Some people are STUPID... Seems like I keep saying this more and more...

"Are you mental?" I like to ask
Sometimes I get a reply- other times a vacant stare

Last edited:
No doubt you will be duly pleased to know that the lineage appears secure…. We have a juvenile sea lion on a beach here in moulting phase right now. Among various onlookers one parent was observed trying to coax his young child into petting the sea lion on the nose so he could get a picture.
From ‘80 to ‘83 while going to aircraft school I worked in Yosemite as a customer mechanic during the summers. Even though my Dad had tried to prepare me(he delivered to Yosemite for 35yrs) about the droves of “turkeys” and just how stupid they were they still shocked me. Like I thought it was joke but people asked me every time I’d go around in my work uni “do they turn the falls off at night?” Almost nightly while riding my bike around the valley I’d see parents prepping their kids to go out in the main meadow to feed a bear and her cubs,or a doe and her fawn.

My favorite was walking through the campgrounds and this big motorhome had full sized couch outside with tiki lights strung all over with a big piece of carpet on the ground, but nobody around. As I walk by I hear the tv going and everyone is stuffed in the motorhome watching a vid on the vcr about Yosemite they had bought in the gift shop, doh!

Last edited:
I've recently been struck by the comments I see on facebook reels. It seems like most of the time, the comment shown at the bottom (the latest one i guess?) is amazingly ignorant and usually hostile for no good reason. It's just flabbergasting how freaking stupid people are.

Approach subject, take two large turkey basters, squeeze them, shove one in each ear, then let go.
The lighter one has the smart portion (clever mater), the heavy one the stupid portion (dumba mater)
:big grin:

Last edited:
Back