Source for Tab/Keyed Washers for KO Lee T&C Grinder?

jbaccell

Registered
Registered
Good Afternoon,

While working on my new to me KO Lee Grinder I notice the nub on keyed/tab washer on one of the shafts is just about gone. It took me a bit to figure what that type of washer is called and searching the forum and using Google has not resulted in identifying where I can purchase these. McMaster Carr calls their keyed washers shim washers with tab but they are very thin and start with a 1" internal diameter. The shaft on the grinder I believe is 5/8"

As always, thank you in advance for your comments and guidance.

Joe

John, thanks so much, I appreciate your help.

Joe
I have dealt with Sopko for probably 40 years, they have wheel adaptors and parts and high speed endless belts and other grinding accessories.

Just click the link I posted.

Just click the link I posted.
Thank you, I sent Sopko an email and will follow up with a phone call if necessary. Again, thank you and all the kind members who provided me with assistance, I appreciate it.

Joe

Sorry to beat this to death... I touched base with Sopko and they do not manufacture that particular size keyed washer. I am a bit taken back by the unavailability of this pretty simple part. With all the K.O. Lee grinders that were manufactured over the years, none ever needed to have the keyed washer for the 5/8" spindle that exits out of the motor replaced? Making a washer is simple, the tab/key is the challenge. I thought about putting a tack weld and then file it to the required size and shape. Attached is a photo of the shaft and the nut holding the keyed washer in place.

Attachments

• K.O. Lee Keyed Washer.jpg
    K.O. Lee Keyed Washer.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back