Source for Tab/Keyed Washers for KO Lee T&C Grinder?

Imo not really necessary as long the thread is left hand and wheel rotates clockwise.
I took mine off as it was interfering with my balancing ring. Never had a problem.

Imo not really necessary as long the thread is left hand and wheel rotates clockwise.
I took mine off as it was interfering with my balancing ring. Never had a problem.
Ironically, it is a right-hand thread but as you know, the motor is reversible.

Then you should probably have it on there I would think.

Then you should probably have it on there I would think.
The tab on the current one which is attached to the arbor/spindle in the picture behind the nut is worn out hence my desire to replace it but it seems to be one of those unobtanium items.

Having these made by sendcutsend would be pretty straightforward.

Couple of leads for ya:
  • This is exactly what you want, but buying direct from MFR for small quantities is pretty expensive. Seastrom MFG Maybe call and find a distributor?

• This one is close; may fit a 5/8", but seems closer to 21/32" or 16mm spindle?: Amazon Link, MFR Link HTW-03 . They are in RI, USA; could give them a call ?
You could try searching for Spindle Nut Washer or Spindle Tongue Washer, but the smallest size I found with these terms was 3/4".

Reminds me of when I tried searching for a single internal tab washer for Aloris tool holder height adjusters. Unobtanium other than from Aloris ( but you had to buy the whole assembly: thread, nut, and washer)

Couple of leads for ya:
  • This is exactly what you want, but buying direct from MFR for small quantities is pretty expensive. Seastrom MFG Maybe call and find a distributor?

• This one is close; may fit a 5/8", but seems closer to 21/32" or 16mm spindle?: Amazon Link, MFR Link HTW-03 . They are in RI, USA; could give them a call ?
You could try searching for Spindle Nut Washer or Spindle Tongue Washer, but the smallest size I found with these terms was 3/4".

Reminds me of when I tried searching for a single internal tab washer for Aloris tool holder height adjusters. Unobtanium other than from Aloris ( but you had to buy the whole assembly: thread, nut, and washer)
Thanks so much, i can't believe such a non-complex item could be so scarce.

Much appreciation,

Joe

One thing you could try is if you have a local tractor repair business or small engine shop.

There are a whole bunch of specialized bits those guys stock, and if you catch the parts counter guy on a slow winter morning they may be willing to hunt.

John

One thing you could try is if you have a local tractor repair business or small engine shop.

There are a whole bunch of specialized bits those guys stock, and if you catch the parts counter guy on a slow winter morning they may be willing to hunt.

John
Thanks, John.

I just received a quote from LeBlond who carries some parts for KO Lee Grinders. The keyed washer is only $171.00 plush $10.00 shipping. I appreciate that parts and support are still supplied for these old machines but $171.00 has me thinking I will try to make one of find an alternative.

Joe

Back