Specifications for metric pipe thread

Thanks for all the replies. The metric pipe thread is on a pipe and cap that serve as an oil drain line on a diesel MultiQuip trailer mounted genset. I have always been nervous about the cap vibrating off and draining all the oil from the crankcase. I was intending to get a 90 degree elbow for the pipe with one end this metric thread and the other standard NTP. Then I can add a valve, more pipe and then a cap. I need more pipe since when the oil drains out is pours over the axle fender and makes a mess. I am still attempting to get the thread specifications from the manufacturer MultiQuip. Since this unit was manufactured in 1990 it's been an uphill battle. I may take advantage of an offer to upgrade my unit to another used unit. Higher output, but it has more hours on it. 4200 hours is not bad for these diesels. The cap might even be a proprietary thread specification. The engine is an Isuzu 4 cylinder diesel. I have not determined the country of origin for the trailer.

The photos show the close up and farther back picture of the cap, then the pipe going from the oil pan to the opening.

20170323_160810.jpg

20170323_160820.jpg

20170323_160718.jpg

After looking at the photos I wonder if the cap fits a hydraulic hose fitting, not pipe. If that braided hose was furnished by the engine manufacturer it could be a Japanese standard.

I didn't think about the hydraulic fittings. I use those on all out implements and recently replaced some lines on the seed drill. I will definitely have to look into that. Brilliant idea, it is always good to get other input. Everyone sees things differently. Many thanks.

If you have the OD and the pitch you can search for appropriate fittings.

Attachments

• maryland-metrics-thread-data-charts.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Thanks to all. It turned out the threads were common for hydraulic fittings in Japan and China. But I ended up trading the 25KVA generator for a 125KVA generator. Now I have to install a 400 amp transfer switch.

Hi there! I can relate to your concerns about the cap vibrating off and causing oil drain from the crankcase. I recently had a similar issue with my pipe system and was able to solve it with the help of experts from https://www.maida.com.au. They were able to provide me with the right solution and upgrade my unit to a higher output with a used unit. I found their services to be highly professional and they were able to provide me with the right thread specifications for my pipes. They even helped me with finding the right valve and cap that would fit my system. You may also want to consider reaching out to them for your Isuzu 4 cylinder diesel. I'm sure they would be able to help you out as well. Hope this helps!

If that braided hose was furnished by the engine manufacturer it could be a Japanese standard.

Back