Stepper control packaging

Wow! So, laughing a bit, which one's were easier to work on? Might not be the one's we expect...
You're right about that! The neat one, I assume is documented as meticulously as it is installed. If not, it would be harder because all the zip ties make tracing things out impossible without wrecking the pretty installation. Best case would be a compromise between the two; cables ran in panduit (cable tray). That way it's orderly but not rigidly fixed as if it will never need to be accessed again.

I like how cables are routed aboard ships. They are very well secured like in the orderly cables picture, but in two dimensions only; laid flat against perforated plate and secured every foot or so. No cables crossing over each other. No cables secured to each other. You can trace a cable from source to destination through many bulkheads, up levels, down levels, from one end of the ship to the other, and if you ever have to replace one, you need only concern yourself with that one cable; no worries about cutting a zip tie and 50 cables all springing about in different directions.

Screenshot_20230506-121948_Google.jpg

Last edited:
I put a similar setup in a Altronix power supply box from a defunct camera system that i had:

View attachment 446741
Interesting, what does the box on top of your lathe? If i would have to guess from the screen interface that can be seen in the photo, looks like a feed controller or maybe more ?

Here is my Vevor branded enclosure on the side of my Sharp mill. It houses the VFD, 24v power supply and some other doo-dads. I do have a fan installed on the back side down low and protected by a custom 3D printed louver.

Attachments

• PXL_20230505_013802114.jpg
    PXL_20230505_013802114.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 5
Back