Storms in Hawaii..

Thanks for the concern, Dan. Here on Oahu, we got some really heavy rains and severe flooding but it wasn't bad in my area. My heart goes out to those on the northern shores, though. They got really pounded. Right now, I'm looking at bright sunshine outside my door.

Another landslide here on the north shore, one lane only. May take 3-4 weeks to clear, and assess the hill side. A lot of steady rain, some downpours. Thanks for asking/thinking about us. I'm driving an ambulance in it today, non emergency....

Another landslide here on the north shore, one lane only. May take 3-4 weeks to clear, and assess the hill side. A lot of steady rain, some downpours. Thanks for asking/thinking about us. I'm driving an ambulance in it today, non emergency....
Don't follow heavy trucks on bridges. :grin: One story I was reading mentioned a cement truck crossing a bridge and it collapsed.

Stay Safe.

PS: Shouldn't they be referred to as Concrete Trucks? -just sayin' :grin:

Wow, Mike and Mike. I didn't know anything about your storms. I've been working pretty much straight through on the farm for the last week+, so have not been near the news or weather.

Glad to hear you guys are okay. Is there more bad weather coming?

Regards

Glad to hear you guys are doing good. Some crazy stuff going on.

We are continuing to get a lot of rain, even Honolulu tonight. Where the land slide is on our north shore the are banning heavy truck/equipment travel. They just got done with slope reinforcement, lateral holes, bars driven in, and chain link fence to mitigate rock falls. I'm not sure how much of it came down. We had a canceled medivac flight for a cardiac pt. due to weather cells also, they are flying Beechcraft King air airplanes.
Stay safe Mikey, a lot of red, and orange is off shore for you right now 18:30....

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sitting in the middle of a thunderstorm right now. The north shore is getting pounded on Oahu and every stream is raging. This is a serious storm!

Put your puter on battery power :)

I have two Tesla Powerwall batteries - should be okay, I think.

Back