Resolved Suddenly, daily logins required

gjmontll

Active User
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Within the past week or so, I am now having to login every day. Has something changed on the server or is it on my side?
It has been my practice at many websites to login in and stay logged in, usually for many weeks. (e.g. Facebook, Ancestry.com, and others).
(Of course, I don't do this on sites with with sensitive personal info. Most of them log me off after several minutes of inactivity.)
Greg

I think I may have a solution!
I think the issue is old invalid cookies left in the browser. The website looks at the wrong cookie. Try this:
In Chrome go to settings, cookies.
click on "see all cookies and site data" There will be a list with a "search cookies" box top right.
search for "hobby". Find Hobby-machinist.com and delete all the cookies associated with the site. I found multiple listings
Close the browser
Reopen the browser and re-login.
This fixed the problem for me!
Robert

Upvote 0
Found my security stuff and told it to do the https stuff and now it logs me in like it did before.
Don't know if that was the fix or if it was sumthin you did, either way I'll take it !!
Thanx fer your help........... :encourage:

Upvote 0
Found my security stuff and told it to do the https stuff and now it logs me in like it did before.
Don't know if that was the fix or if it was sumthin you did, either way I'll take it !!
Thanx fer your help........... :encourage:
No, that was the fix. It seems that whatever cookies people were running prior to the upgrade needed to be updated. My understanding is that most people have their browsers set to default allowance of cookies and haven't messed around with custom cookie settings. This essentially keeps the cookies dynamic (read: always fresh) rather than old.

By going in and pointing to the url in your privacy and security settings, you have overridden whatever custom settings you have for your everyday browsing preferences. Glad to hear you are back in the saddle.

Upvote 0
I think the issue is old invalid cookies left in the browser. The website looks at the wrong cookie. Try this:
click on "see all cookies and site data" There will be a list with a "search cookies" box top right.
search for "hobby". Find Hobby-machinist.com and delete all the cookies associated with the site. I found multiple listings
Close the browser
Robert
Thanks Robert! I deleted my H-M specific cookies, and that fixed the problem for me as well.
John

Reactions: rwm
Upvote 0
Close the browser
Robert

Thank you, I've been having the same issue, and finally came into this part of the forum to see if I was the only one. Clearly I'm not. Win 10 and Chrome, odd thing is it just happens on the computer not my phone or tablet which also run chrome, but if it is a cookie issue specific to the computer that makes sense. The really weird part is there were times that even after logging in it wouldn't recognize that I logged in.

Anyway I've followed your solution, and will see if it works for me.

Upvote 0
OK, everyone, thanks to all who took the recommendation to specifically allow cookies for https://www.hobby-machinist.com. Each member who has done so has reported back successful results.

I'm going to mark this issue resolved. If you have missed this thread or are still having an issue, please re-read the thread carefully and either reach out to me or PM one of the members who resolved their issue.

Thanks,
Bryan

Upvote 0
Back