Resolved Suddenly, daily logins required

gjmontll

Active User
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Within the past week or so, I am now having to login every day. Has something changed on the server or is it on my side?
It has been my practice at many websites to login in and stay logged in, usually for many weeks. (e.g. Facebook, Ancestry.com, and others).
(Of course, I don't do this on sites with with sensitive personal info. Most of them log me off after several minutes of inactivity.)
Greg

I don't know Greg, I stay logged on even with the computer shut down, I reconnect on startup automatically.(Chrome/W10)

Upvote 0
Yes, that's the way it's been for years for me too. (Also Chrome/Windows10)

Upvote 0
Same here, Firefox and Mac

Upvote 0
No change, here, either. If I explicitly log out, then there is a "Keep Me Logged In" button that must be checked before I log in again, else next time that I log in, I have to enter the password again.

Upvote 0
Yeah I stay logged both in my Linux one and on my Win 10 machine!
Must be your settings.

Upvote 0
A recent upgrade of the forum software may have prompted you to have to log in again. However, a quick toggle of "keep my logged in" should prevent the prompt from occurring again. This can also happen in your windows settings, when you clear your cache and cookies in your browser etc. every time you log off from your browser. You will want to check those settings as well.

Upvote 0
A recent upgrade of the forum software may have prompted you to have to log in again. However, a quick toggle of "keep my logged in" should prevent the prompt from occurring again. This can also happen in your windows settings, when you clear your cache and cookies in your browser etc. every time you log off from your browser. You will want to check those settings as well.
Vtnc: Thanks, but I do have the "Keep me logged in" toggled and haven't cleared cache or cookies in several months. I haven't rebooted in a few days, the problem remains.
Greg

Upvote 0
I am not having the problem. What I would suggest is to explicitly log out (click on your user name up in the main tool bar and click on Log Out in the the lower left corner of the menu that should appear. Kill all instances of the browser. Re-start the machine and then after it is fully rebooted, re-start the browser and log back in to H-M, taking care to check the Keep Me Logged In box. That may fix the problem.

Upvote 0
I am not having the problem. What I would suggest is to explicitly log out (click on your user name up in the main tool bar and click on Log Out in the the lower left corner of the menu that should appear. Kill all instances of the browser. Re-start the machine and then after it is fully rebooted, re-start the browser and log back in to H-M, taking care to check the Keep Me Logged In box. That may fix the problem.
I've been having this problem for the past week or so. Prior to this, my login survived through restarts and power cycles. I tried the procedure suggested by wa5cab but it did not help. Yes, I do have the "keep me logged in" box checked. I'm using the Google Chrome browser, on a laptop running Windows 10 Home. I'm able to stay logged in to other web sites without issue.
John

Upvote 0
Back