Summer & Fall Haulage/Scores.

Nice haul for sure . I'm glad I don't get to those type sales , I wouldn't be able to walk in the houses . :big grin: That Starrett 196 set goes for $200 + new so the price of a new crystal isn't a factor . That was a steal if in nice shape . I'm getting ready to sell a few of mine now , just have too many and I generally use the Mahrs when I need to . I love junk ( tools ) myself and to see this in a dining room makes me feel right at home . :encourage:
Ah, Mahrs... Under the header of "Wish that I know then what I know now." I came across a carton of them in the '80s at a sale in SoCal.
Didn't know who/what 'Mahrs' was then, only familiar with Federal, Starrett, Mitu, B&S, Ames, Etc.
That's all I used on Inspection fixtures for the shop floor.

They had $120 on the #196 and I passed on it the first day.
At close on the last day he offered it to me for $20 - into the bag it went. Still trying to figure out why the needle is crooked.
My first thought was to use it on the lathe for a carriage indicator, nice large 3" dial easy to see, now I'm leaning towards putting it on Bridgeport so that it is out of the way of swarf and such.
Need to break out the standards and see if it's registering properly first.

Need to get the booty out of the dining room. Stepson called and said he's planning on coming in for Christmas and I have outpatient scheduled for the week before. And heck I gotta start organizing my drawers in the shop - which I've been attempting to get to since spring.

Norton | A120-M7VBE

Thanks, I'll check if they still have it....

John

P.S. I was born in Santa Clara, can still remember when they built things like grinding wheels there:)

Thanks, I'll check if they still have it....

John

P.S. I was born in Santa Clara, can still remember when they built things like grinding wheels there:)
What Grit/Grade are you looking for? I was wondering why this one was 120 - seem real fine. But then I don't know tool & cutter grinders.
There's some up on the 'Bay but you have to refine your search and scroll through the chaff but it might be worth it.

The challenge I have is my motor has a 3/8" arbor so very few grinding wheels will fit, mostly looking for a cup type wheel for grinding cutters. Here's the unit in question.

Thanks,

John

The challenge I have is my motor has a 3/8" arbor so very few grinding wheels will fit, mostly looking for a cup type wheel for grinding cutters. Here's the unit in question.

Thanks,

John
Just posted over on your Hilco thread.

Man you have been busy. I have been searching SW Virginia but haven't found any deals.

Man you have been busy. I have been searching SW Virginia but haven't found any deals.
Keep an eye out in the Tri-Cities & Kingsport area, there have been several up that way this past season.
Not sure how far that is from you though.

Kingsport is about 1.5 hours away from me.

Oops, forgot a couple of the gems.
I grabbed this C. E. Johansson Gage Block Accessory Set on auction, and then found that Keith Rucker had released a video showing one.
Fascinating how it functions.
Haven't decided what to do with it yet. Use of such a tool might be above my skill level. :grin:
R_1211191344a.jpg

And Honey grabbed this Starrett Gear Mic to flip. I tried to talked her into letting me have it for Man Cave art but she didn't go for that.
R_1211191813.jpg

Attachments

• R_1211191344.jpg
    R_1211191344.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 4
Back