Summit 11x32

Looks nice, I've never seen one like it- any manufacture dates on it?

Who cares about the date . That looks like a VERY nice machine and in great shape . I think you did great in getting this machine :encourage:

Thanks. I haven’t run it yet, so I’m hopeful that it runs as well as it looks. I came out of a maintenance shop, so it was just used for small jobs, not a production machine at all.

Thanks. I haven’t run it yet, so I’m hopeful that it runs as well as it looks. I came out of a maintenance shop, so it was just used for small jobs, not a production machine at all.
And it shows . :) That's a clean looking well made lathe .

As I stated earlier the Summit 11 x 32 machine in our shop used a threaded spindle. I made two backing plates for a collet chuck we had to use on two different lathes. One was for the 11 x 32 Summit and one was for another Asian machine (I don't remember what brand). One machine had a 1 1/2 x 8 thd spindle and the other had a 39 x 3 metric spindle. I don't remember which machine had which spindle. They are very close in size but of course won't interchange. If you make a chuck adapter mount for your machine check the spindle thread very closely.

One machine had a 1 1/2 x 8 thd spindle and the other had a 39 x 3 metric spindle.
Worst possible thing they could possibly do, pick a non-standard metric thread that is close enough to an imperial size to be easily mistaken.
Is it possible that one of the machines was metric?

Worst possible thing they could possibly do, pick a non-standard metric thread that is close enough to an imperial size to be easily mistaken.
Is it possible that one of the machines was metric?
My 12x37 has a goofy spindle thread: 60mm x 8 tpi

Back