Super Max 2 Hp 3ph Mill Vfd

Threw together it's new home , power goes in tomorrow
Prob put wood in bottom
image.jpg

It works , even turns cw in forward "hope that's rite" ?. gonna deal with machine perimeters and a 220v disconnect tomorrow , i ordered a operator box with
for-rev, stop- start, speed pot , i didnt feel like building it. just wanta make parts not fool with chi electronics
been a long time since i messed with a mill , hope it comes back to me . thinking about community collage machine shop class.
Derrick

CW in forward, in direct drive, is the way I like it. Happy to hear it's running. :encourage:

thanks Jim, going to attempt machine perimeters on vfd to day - excel, decel , im guessing i should set to senserless vector not v/hz, ill use speed pot on vfd till remote station comes in.
Question :1. excel- decel speeds , is there a happy spot ?
2. Hz- set to 60 or should i go higher ?
3, other important settings i should set up ?.
im sure there will be others when i get into it
I did make some aluminum chips with it last nite, it ran smooth good finish

Sensorless vector will give you more control over a wider speed range, I don't have that option on mine, so it uses V/Hz and runs just fine. I use a GS2 from Automation Direct.

I think I have my accel set to 2 sec, and the decel set to 2.5 with a braking resistor.

I assume you have a 1725 RPM motor (1800 RPM nominal) , so setting the max to 120 Hz would be OK, that would turn the motor at 3600 at 120 Hz. But slowly turn it down to 60 Hz before hitting the stop button or it may trip out from over voltage, not a bad thing, but it means a reset. This allows you to have quite a speed range with the pulleys set at 660. I normally operate my machine between 30 and 90 Hz.

If it's running OK, the only other settings is to make sure the Max current and Voltage match the data plate on the motor.

Happy making chips! :encourage: You have a nice machine there.

image.jpg image.jpg Still have some things to do, I think it is gona work . Disconnect on other side of ram, mag remote control on the way here. Wish I had a brake
Thanks
Derrick

Should work , worked on aluminum anyhow, haven't tried steal yet.image.jpg Ready for chips , had to fight with tech support ladies for a while to get vfd and remote box , Stop,start,for,rev,speed working rite . If I wanted to bake cookies or a cake i'ed call the ladies back for info. Any how ,still need to get air to kool mist and air nozzle and a few other things but I think I've got it. I'll close Kennedy door when it's running , tight on space. Thinking a sheet of plywood behind mill to stop the chips
Thanks
Derrick

Back