Surface grinder washer for wheel adapter

You're looking for just the washer that has the tab(s)?
I have one and made four arbors without them. Not necessary for them as long as you never reverse the wheel. You probably have an arbor not made for the thin wheel you wanted to use.
I was never even considering the reversing.
yep, but I don't see that they made different one. Maybe they did.

You want to be sitting down when you get the quote from Sopko. The adapter for Delta is a special and priced accordingly.

back when I was looking at the grinder, they were asking a lot... I think $150.. , I decided to wait until I rebuild the grinder to see how it worked before investing. Then they didn't have them. So once I heard that I planned to make my own. Picked up a piece of 1144 .. I figure it will make 3 or 4 adapters. That should be good for now.

I made 6 for my Cincinnati tool and cutter grinder. See my post here on cutting the keyways:

Do you have a 3D printer? You can print washers with keys. Some of the ones you buy have plastic washers. I made a couple using 100% infill. You can buy some for a decent price here:

I ended up buying 6 since I bought some other stuff from them and got the free shipping.

Save yourself some money and make some. It's a fun project.

Ted

Out of curiosity, I looked at Sopko's catalog and see that catalog # 815 seems to be the adapter for my Toolmaker (LH thread). I emailed to see and Bill Sopko responded 6 min later. @Illinoyance wasn't kidding!!! They have a few in stock right now and they are $305. Wow. Turns out I got six adapters with my grinder, which seems like plenty now.

Out of curiosity, I looked at Sopko's catalog and see that catalog # 815 seems to be the adapter for my Toolmaker (LH thread). I emailed to see and Bill Sopko responded 6 min later. @Illinoyance wasn't kidding!!! They have a few in stock right now and they are $305. Wow. Turns out I got six adapters with my grinder, which seems like plenty now.
Interesting last time they were not stocking them. Mines a RH thread...
and guys, there's no place for the tabs to key into.
my hub is continuous without a key slot.

Attachments

• 20211202_160737.jpg
    20211202_160737.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 20211202_161212.jpg
    20211202_161212.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 92
Interesting last time they were not stocking them. Mines a RH thread...
and guys, there's no place for the tabs to key into.
my hub is continuous without a key slot.

That makes it easier yet! :)

Ted

Does your wheel run clockwise or anti clockwise?
I thought you were talking about an actual washer that has tabs on the inner diameter to keep the wheel nut from unscrewing.
If yours is right hand thread your wheel should rotate anti clockwise.

Does your wheel run clockwise or anti clockwise?
I thought you were talking about an actual washer that has tabs on the inner diameter to keep the wheel nut from unscrewing.
If yours is right hand thread your wheel should rotate anti clockwise.
anti clockwise

Back