SW2 Analog control selection

Yes, so is mine (except a metal lathe) that I was referring to. My point is that with the mass of the chuck and the work, it can take longer to coast to a stop then for the VFD to decelerate the motor and stop it depending on the settings.

I dont think there is a way, at least not on my FM50.

IDK Maybe I'll just leave it alone. I did find a F 37 and F 38, Maybe that is it??
F 37 - DC braking time (sec.) - 00.0 – 25.5 (Default 00.5 )

F38 DC braking start frequency (Hz) - 01.0 – 10.0 (Default 01.5 )

Did not try it yet.
If that's a threaded chuck be careful running in reverse especially with a big old chunk of wood hanging out there! It can unscrew, same goes for stopping real fast. (Maybe you are not running in reverse but it looks like it is in the video.) Is that an Oliver, maybe 159?
Yeah, Oliver 159.
Yes, I was running in reverse.
Yes, I know I need to be careful in reverse. My Logan is screw on chucks too.
I have not tried it yet, They say it is sometimes nice to sand in reverse, or maybe forward, then reverse, then forward, then reverse, etc.
I actually do have a set screw on the chuck, I have to see where it lands though. I don't want to mess up the spindle. Maybe a brass tipped set screw?

IDK Maybe I'll just leave it alone. I did find a F 37 and F 38, Maybe that is it??
F 37 - DC braking time (sec.) - 00.0 – 25.5 (Default 00.5 )

F38 DC braking start frequency (Hz) - 01.0 – 10.0 (Default 01.5 )

Did not try it yet.

Almost can't be, It is already set to 1/2 second.

F37 & F 38.JPG

F37 & F 38.JPG

Re: E Stop Switch;.................NO momentary contact or NO sustained contact switch?

While the motor/lathe is running, if I jump out # 7 (S4) and # 8 (common) the lathe turns off, E-Stop flashes on the display, and I must turn off the Fwd./Reverse switch to reset it, so I can start again. I only have to jump it once, so a NO momentary contact switch should work, but is there any harm in using a NO sustained contact switch?

wonder what this one on e bay is?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321092897997&fromMakeTrack=true

I did write the seller.

Found the decell for the E-Stop.
It's C 12. Default is 5 seconds, I set it to 3 as well.
Just to prove it, I set it to something crazy like 45 seconds, and Jumped 7 & 8, and it took a long time for it to spin down.

I wasn't paying attention one time, and Got to F50, Low frequency voltage compensation, And changed it. The manual does not show a default. I have it to 25, think thats about where it was.
Can someone tell me what it is, and what it should be?

I am guessing it keeps the voltage at the proper level when the HZ are adjusted low.
Thanks,
Tony

C11 & C 12 2.JPG C11 & C12.JPG

Yeah, so I thought my 1st post was gone.
Got some E stop switches off a fellow on another group, Got around to installing it today.
Just made a "L" shaped bracket, pop riveted to the top of the switch's box, and sheet metal screwed to (behind) the front of the lathe.
Some day I need to get to painting this lathe.

DSCF0814 Save.JPG DSCF0811 Save.JPG

Back