T-DRO won’t let tablet sleep.

RaisedByWolves

Mangler of grammar, off my meds.
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Tried searching and tried different modes of operation on the tablet, but with T-DRO open my tablet will not go into sleep mode.

If it’s left on without this running it works fine and I have even tried this with the reader/by box powered down to keep .000O number bobble from causing this.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hi,
This is not an "issue". TouchDRO intentionally keeps the tablet awake. It's a feature.
Regards
Yuriy
Oh, just like we used to hear in the 90’s that a software update was coming “real soon?” I seem to recall Microsoft telling us that something was “a feature.”

The Z axis dro on my mill goes to sleep all the time and it drives me crazy.
Yuriy is dead right on this one. I'd be ticked off if the tablet went to sleep while I was working on a part.

I would hate to have the tablet go to sleep in the middle of an operation.
If you set it correctly it would not happen.

That would be tantamount to your devise going to sleep while texting or playing a game.

The Z axis dro on my mill goes to sleep all the time and it drives me crazy.
Yuriy is dead right on this one. I'd be ticked off if the tablet went to sleep while I was working on a part.
[/QUOTE
There is no way to disable it, but your tablet has a power button ;)
Problem is when using the tablet is something other than the last thing I do, I tend to forget about shutting it off and I come back to a dead tablet.

Tablets also differ as well as mounting options for a given setup, so simply “Hitting the button” may not be as simple for some as it is with others.

I know nothing of coding so the complexity of making this an option is beyond me, but it would be a nice feature to have.

Back