Tablet holder recommendations?

Both. The back will rotate 360 degrees and there is enough room to mount the tablet in either vertically or horizontally although the springs are close to their limit if you do it vertically. That way you can have the brackets on the top and bottom of it.

IMG_6361.JPEGIMG_6363.JPEGIMG_6364.JPEG

Does that hold the tablet in portrit mode too? Looks like it might not constrain it from slipping out the bottom if you rotate it, if it even rotates?

Mine is too new to know yet whether I'll end up using it much or at all in portrait, but the screen does display a bolt pattern in portrait which I think I might like. The holder I got rotates easily and holds it securely at any angle, but it was kind of expensive, $47 and that's just the tablet holder, I had to make my own arm. I just whipped that out with hot-roll steel angle and some bolts and washers though. Possibly overbuilt but very strong and rigid.

The tablet holder is a König & Meyer, German made, great design and quality build. (I'm trying not to buy anything Chinese made, or from Amazon, but that's just me, not trying to convince anyone else.) K&M seems to specialize in microphone stands and music holders, so I'm guessing this is aimed at musicians.

If anyone is interested, I got it on ebay here "open box" but it had everything in it, seems like a reliable seller. They still have a couple more, after I bought two! As soon as my wife saw mine she made me buy another one, because she's broken three cheap Amazon tablet stands in the last year. (She doesn't share my dislike of Amazon... yet. She's getting there.)
I just ordered one for my lathe. Thanks Mike

Back