Tail stock die holder

Cadillac CTS, do you have a link to the vendor for those. They look really nice.
Thanks

Cadillac CTS, do you have a link to the vendor for those. They look really nice.
Thanks

To be clear the Cadillac STS was the big brother to the CTS. But I haven’t had that car in years. Now I have a 2016 Cadillac ELR Performance Edition plug in electric. Got the screen name 7 years ago here and not changing...

I got the set on eBay. Search “lathe tailstock tap” and the item comes up. When I got mine it was from an American guy and I did notice over time he would show up on ebay then not be there.

The set has been copied by a company in India for a little lower price with free shipping.

Maybe the American machinist got priced out? He may still show up again.

The Indian set is likely good quality and a good buy. Lifetime quality tool.

Whoops sorry on the name mistake.
I had seen the Indian ones but the chucks on your set really look nice. He doesn’t seem to be on eBay now. I’ll keep checking. Thanks

Thanks
Iron-Iceberg (Atascadero):

In lieu of buying one, you might consider making a similar tail stock die (and tap) holder. As one example, Youtube creator Halligan142 builds one in this three part series. Video#3 at 19:14 and at 26:23 shows all the parts and pieces of his tool.

Bill70j (Los Osos)

Last edited:
The chucks I have look like cut off t-handle tap chucks good quality.

Could make a set using a machinable mt2 blank. Put drill bits in the chuck gradually moving larger with the blank in the tail stock. Then place a length of steel rod for the slide. From there make your sliding sleeve and the die and tap head you want.

Very impressive.

Yes Bill I’ve been wanting to make one for about 6 months now and just can’t get the time. Plus the chucks on those looked really clean.
Wow David those are really great. Excellent job!

Back