Tailstock Tool Storage

Nicely done.......but your QCTP holders are upside down! :big grin:

Boy do I feel ghetto, I just use a cheap plastic organizer rack from Home Depot mounted to the peg board on my work bench & I was very happy with it. :D

I have that same conversion chart from tools4cheap. Man I wish they were still around.

20210707_145122.jpg

Nicely done.......but your QCTP holders are upside down! :big grin:

Boy do I feel ghetto, I just use a cheap plastic organizer rack from Home Depot mounted to the peg board on my work bench & I was very happy with it. :D

I have that same conversion chart from tools4cheap. Man I wish they were still around.

View attachment 371358
Wise guy! Actually, I wanted them them to hang heavy end down! That Home Depot organizer looks perfect for the job! I too miss T4C.:confused:

@akjeff now I have another project to do! darn! (well done, btw!!)

I would never reach over the lathe for tools. i think its a bad idea. just sayin.

I would never reach over the lathe for tools.

People reach over the lathe a lot. Look at Joe Piecyzinski - he files right handed, which means his elbow is directly over top of the spinning chuck. Each to his own: I was taught to file on a lathe left handed, and once the skill is acquired, it works fine.

Since the tailstock only sees tool changes when the lathe is stopped, there is no problem here.

Back