Teleposts as welding table legs

You can get the same table at HF. Check out the reviews. Having a thicker top definitely helps. You could probably get away with 1/8" thick strips welded to the existing top.

What the hell are you guys talking about?

Just your usual thread where I ask a question using terms that only I and possibly one other person understands.
The thread turns hilarious and then we get back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont forget that having another table means another flat surface to get covered in "stuff" that should have been put away :laughing:

I’ve got a cure for that.
I’m making the front legs on all horizontal surfaces 3” shorter than the rear.
I figure once I get fed up with everything tipping over maybe I’ll be cured.
Could make the tablesaw hard to use mind you...

I had a welding table from these guys. Affordable and flat with lots of fixturing options.
IMHO

For quicky folding welding table check out a Black& Decker Workmate. When I put it into the Vancouver CL a bunch came up. Until I got my dedicated welding top done I used an old used one I picked up for $15. Yeah, it made for wood but I love the concept and thought I’d replace the wood slats with some channel iron. The concept of having the top be a clamp is pretty cool. Oh and it is kinda short, but handy and folds up to nothing and can hold 150lbs or so. Just thought.

I had a welding table from these guys. Affordable and flat with lots of fixturing options.
IMHO

I’ve inquired about shipping.
My hunch is that in the end a $250 USD will cost me close to $500 CDN.

Being able to fold it up and store it away is the key to eliminating the junk collection. My shop is tight on space just like David's. Here's my table folded up. It lives leaning up against the outside wall of the garage when not in use.

IMG_3894.JPG IMG_3889.JPG IMG_3888.JPG

Back