Tell your children and " family " members you love them .

Timely thread. I got to hold my almost 17yo son's hand last night, he got bit by a raccoon. I took one look at the needles at the hospital and knew he was in for some pain. I offered to hold his hand, nurse said 'good idea' and he took me up on the offer. And it was a good idea, big needles deep in the finger are not for the faint of heart. He groaned loudly, I cried, then it was done.

A good father/son evening just as he is entering manhood.

So sorry to hear about the loss. I am of the opinion there is no pain worse than watching one of your children suffer. When we lose a parent, especially if it is to old age, we grieve but we recognize it's part of life's cycle. The same is at least conceptually true when we lose a spouse or sibling as we become older. But a son or a daughter - young or old - that hurt is indescribable. I've been close to that twice. I almost lost my only daughter in a tragic automobile accident when she was 16. And I know the pain of watching a son and daughter-in-law grieve over the death of a newborn. It is tragic, and the trauma never really goes away. (There are times I still break out in a cold sweat when I have a flashback to my daughter's accident of 18 years ago.) But by God's mercy, we survive. With a much more sober sense of our mortality, no doubt, but we survive. No one is promised eternity in this life. Leaving this body is unfortunately just as much a part of life as entering it.

I am a firm believer in the precept set forth in Matthew 6:6. I commit to you that I will remember you, your family and your friends. After tragedy - sometimes a long time after tragedy - know that there is peace; there is understanding; and that is reward.

Beshalom (with peace).

My thoughts and heart are with the family and with yours.

We lost our 27 year old son a little more than 11 years ago now...and still there are days when the tears come.

A day after our son died, our neighbor who had lost their son 10 years before that came over and gave me advice I think about to this day. Not rocket science but very worthwhile.

This forum may not be the place to discuss grief but if you wish PM me and we can talk.

I haven't used pm much so if you do send me something and don't get a response. I'll watch here.

John in Minnesota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tjb
1583864059516.png

Dave,
That is awful news. No one expects to lose a 25 year old.
So sorry for your loss.

I fall back on this saying from time to time.

Wow . Quite a response . It hurts me to see this happen , but devastates my wife . There was no evidence of a heart attack or chocking from the autopsy . The toxicology findings will not be available for 3 months . The wife is on her way down once again to their place , and the mood is still not good . I thank you all for your thoughts . Here is our Jess .

Attachments

• Jessica.jpg
    Jessica.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11
Too young, too soon. Never makes sense.
As a parent, IMO, the hardest, worst, most unimaginable thing to have happen would be for your child to pre-decease you.
Cannot begin to fathom the sense of loss.

Reactions: tjb

We all made it thru today , tomorrow will be the tough one I'm sure . The place was so full it was incredible . Our gang of about 35 from high school were there and we did some catching up and BSing of course , but it seems like this is the only place we meet lately . This will be a long long 2 days and nights .

Looks like she was loved and cherished in life by all who knew her, Dave. The comments said it all. I can't imagine what her family must be going through. Once again, my sincere condolences to her family and extended family.

Very sorry to hear about this tragedy Dave. Best wishes to all people she touched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back