The Eagle Has Landed

Yessir, It's currently on my 1340GT. Best chuck I've ever owned, but it seems to be getting heavier and heavier every time I change it out for the 4-jaw or 5C. :(

Maybe I should have gotten a 6". ;)

With my 2 bad shoulders that I could not even hold my arm extended at shoulder height, the 8 inch 4J combination is too heavy for me to position into the lathe. I change it when my friends are over with their help.

In a year or so, my 2 bionics knees will have company of 2 bionic shoulders. Oh well, life goes on.

Got a few more things done. Had to replace the leveling feet so I can have the lathe to slightly slope towards the TS. Installed the light, mounted the readout, and checked out the cross slide. The cable for the carriage scale is about 6 feet too long.

Watch "PM1440TV Testing Cross Slide" on YouTube

20200227_233341.jpg
20200227_222912.jpg
20200227_231508.jpg
20200228_190339.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking you got a 1440TL but the specs weren't matching up. Then I realized you're say TV. What is a TV as I don't see it on Matts site.

I've got an ERL 1330V. If I knew that a 14" swing with a d1-4 (or 5) and a mt3 TS was an option I would've taken it it.
The only upgrade then would've been a CXA instead of BXA.

Sure is pretty. What is the weight on that one? I'm betting you have a great time getting to know her. Cheers, Mike

When you level that thing put your levels on the cross slide. I believe the two flat ways are in the same plane but you'll never be able to get them in the same spot, unless you have two set up that you don't have to move.

Looking at the specs now 1340 weighs 2200lbs dry. 1440 probably weighs a couple pounds more.

Back