The Fun Never Stops.

We have to take the body off and replace both floor pans. That means I'v got to think in metric for the next week or so. Well somebody's got to do it and it might as well be me.
*****G****

Last edited by a moderator:
oooo, my head hurts already!!:faint:

I already got the floor pans so thats not the problem I'm more concerned about all the 36 year old nuts and bolts that hold the body on. I'v sprayed a whole can of PB blaster on all the ones I can find but I'm sure thats their is more that I can't see yet.So it looks like I'll be spending a lot of time over on U-Tube and surfing the Interweb searching for the answers.
Lord knows I love a challenge but I figured that I would catch a break after working on the Land Train.
***********Just Saying***************************G*********************cartangrysj1.gif***********************

36 year old nuts and bolts

I'd use the blue wrench, no point in salvaging the old ones.

If my memory serves correct, there are 17 bolts down each side. That was near 20 years ago, and the body was being scrapped.

Sent from somewhere in East Texas JP

Well I got the interior striped out and there was a lot more rust then expected .So instead of patching it I will replace both floor pans whole. All the body bolts came out with no problems.
Too hot to finish today.Will lift the body off tomorrow if it don't rain.Pictures of progress to follow.79 supper bug 008.jpg 79 supper bug 011.jpg
Seems like VW folks only used two size bolts. 13mm or 17mm sure makes my life easier.
**********JADIP****************G*******************************************************************

Hey Gator, that looks great, my first car was a VW Bug. I owned it before I even got my license. My brother and I took 3 cars and scrounged the best off of each one to make one "usable" car. We could pull the little 1600cc motor out rebuild almost the whole thing, and put it back in the car in under a day. They are very simple cars to work on. Good luck on the project!

Back