The joy of tapping

Reddinr

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I've owned this tapmatic for quite a while now and use it about twice a year when I have lots of threading to do. It is always a joy to use. This time around I have to tap about 750 x 8-32 threaded holes. For those that have not seen one in action, here you are. Shown at about 400 RPM.

>>Uploading file to HM now... stay tuned. Having problems with the upload. Have started a ticket.

In the mean time, here's a great demo by Joe Piecznski (Much better video anyway!)

Last edited:
I’ve looked at those and wondered about their worth.
I’m planning to make some tool holders and the idea of tapping five holes in each isn’t that appealing.

It really is a joy to use. I actually look forward to using it. They are pricey though so the used market is probably the way to go.
I'm still working on video upload... I shrunk the video but HM still errors out when I try to upload it to an album on the site.

What kind of tool holders are you thinking of?

It really is a joy to use. I actually look forward to using it. They are pricey though so the used market is probably the way to go.
I'm still working on video upload... I shrunk the video but HM still errors out when I try to upload it to an album on the site.

What kind of tool holders are you thinking of?

I need some AXA holders, I was looking online last night and the cheapest I can find them for is about $100 for four.
I’m pretty sure I can put them together for less than that.

Yup. $350-400 for tapmatic. If you make 20 tool holders you could easily break even! ;)

I’ll do some interweb scouring and see if I can locate one.

You have one Dave?

Back