The New 1340GT from PM

Called RRF today and I am scheduled for an AM delivery tomorrow. My VFD showed up yesterday so I mounted it in my NEMA enclosure last night. I was under the assumption that it would arrive in the crate with the lathe but it showed up via UPS.

Mike.

Mike,

did you get it yet?

Danny

Hey Danny,

Thanks for the pics. Looks really nice. Maybe one or two more after you get her set up? :))

Bill

Mike,
How did the delivery go and where are the pictures?

-Joe

Delivery went great and pictures coming. I don't want to hyjack the thread. Besides, mine won't hold a candle to Danny's with all the fancy options.:man: I had to order mine just as a standard non-DRO setup and I don't use coolant. Besides, I had splurged so much on the 935TV that I couldn't go overboard on the lathe.

I will say it is a very nice lathe after playing with it for about 8 hours or so yesterday setting it up.

Mike.

Delivery went great and pictures coming. I don't want to hyjack the thread. Besides, mine won't hold a candle to Danny's with all the fancy options.:man: I had to order mine just as a standard non-DRO setup and I don't use coolant. Besides, I had splurged so much on the 935TV that I couldn't go overboard on the lathe.

I will say it is a very nice lathe after playing with it for about 8 hours or so yesterday setting it up.

Mike.

Awesome, now all you need it's for your mill to arrive in the next couple weeks and you are back in business.
Dave

Hey Danny,

Thanks for the pics. Looks really nice. Maybe one or two more after you get her set up? :))

Bill

I finally got her on the stand, but wont be back until next week. Now the hard part begin....cleaning...... i hope to be making chips by next weekend.

Danny

photo.JPGphoto 5.JPG

photo.JPG photo 4aa.JPG photo 5.JPG

Looks awesome Danny. Congrats on the new setup. If you would like to practice cleaning you can practice on mine.:lmao:

What are your impression thus far Danny? Any issues with anything that has jumped out at you?

Mike.

Looks awesome Danny. Congrats on the new setup. If you would like to practice cleaning you can practice on mine.:lmao:

What are your impression thus far Danny? Any issues with anything that has jumped out at you?

Mike.

Mike,

I think the unit is top notch, solidly build, i love the stand....very heavy duty. I ordered the coolant option, and the on off switch for the coolant wasn't install, i don't know if they leave that up to the end user or just forgot...but its no big deal . I know you had problem with the whole back order thing, i ordered mine on June 26th and got it delivered on August 6th, so I guessed I my timing was just right. Since i had such a positive experience with PM I am thinking about order their PM-45M-CNC. I gotta keep up with you Mike.

Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Back